How to vote in the 2022 Midterm Election on November 8


TNH Staff

Are you wondering how, when and where to vote in the midterm election? Look no further! Our easy to follow guide, made with the help of NextGen America, gives you all the information you need leading up to Nov 8.

Rides to the polls from campus:

Pick-up locations: HoCo Main St. Bus Stop and Garrison Ave. at Sawyer Hall bus stop

Hours: Hours: 7am – 7pm

Polling location for on-campus students:

Address: Oyster River High School, 55 Coe Dr, Durham, NH 03824

Hours: 7am – 7pm

Voters can view their sample ballot at:

Students who live off-campus should check ther polling location at:

How to vote:

Students can vote in New Hampshire elections as long as they are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years old on Election Day, and live in New Hampshire. Voters can register to vote on Election Day just by going to your polling place.

Here are the only requirements to vote in New Hampshire:

1) You must be a US citizen

2) You must be 18 years or older on or before Election day

3) You must be domiciled in New Hampshire. “Domicile” is just a fancy word for live — you are domiciled where you choose to lay your head at night and where you choose to be part of the community.

What documents do you need to register to vote? 

No eligible voter in New Hampshire will be denied the right to vote for lacking documentation. You can sign affidavits to prove your eligibility. But the process is faster and easier if you bring documents. Examples of these documents include (but are not limited to):

1) Identity: a school- or government-issued photo ID (license, non-driver’s ID, school ID, etc.)

2) Age: a driver’s license or non-driver ID from any state, birth certificate, passport, etc.

3) Citizenship: birth certificate, US passport/passcard, or naturalization document, etc.

4) Domicile: can be proved with many things including pieces of mail, campus address documentation from your school, a rental agreement, a drivers license or other government-issued ID with your current address, or official school records website with your local address or dorm. These records can be printed or digital.

If you have any questions, 603 Forward and the University of New Hampshire Voting page have more information on their websites.