TNH Farewell Cassie Hollasch

Cassie Hollasch, Web Editor

When I came on to The New Hampshire (TNH), COVID-19 had changed the way that a lot of student organizations operated and we couldn’t meet together as a whole staff in the newsroom. Since a lot of my job was behind the scenes uploading articles to the website, I didn’t get to meet many of our writers or staff. I’d like to thank Anna Kate Munsey for being my first friend and always making me feel welcome even if I didn’t know anyone in the room. I’ve watched Anna Kate grow into her role as Managing Editor and no one could do the job better, she is so bright and dedicated to improving TNH.  

Although I was never much of a writer for TNH, I did write a number of articles through my internship as Storyteller for the Sustainability Institute Blog. I worked both jobs for the last three semesters of my college experience and I am so appreciative of the different skills they taught me. As Web Editor, I learned the value of patience in website building and what it means to simply work behind the scenes. I really enjoyed this work because I got to be the last pair of eyes to read everyone’s articles and represent my major, English Text, Business Writing and Digital Studies on a staff of mostly Journalism students. As the Storytelling Intern, I learned how to interview people with confidence, write their stories with care and most importantly how to connect our community. I don’t know where I would be without my time at the Institute. 

All of my work would not have been possible without the support of my coworkers. A big thanks to Staff Writer Julie Bobyock for being so talkative and genuine, Hannah Donahue for her poise and great leadership skills, and Isabelle Curtis for great conversation. I’d also like to thank all my friends at the Sustainability Institute, Brooke, George and Lauren for making me look forward to cohort meetings; you are all so smart and I can’t wait to hear about how you guys change the world! I couldn’t have asked for better friends and coworkers.  

Even though my time uploading TNH’s articles is ending, I will continue to revisit our website and think of it fondly. As for my time as the Storytelling Intern, I am so grateful to have gotten the chance to learn how to write professionally and all that sustainability stands for. I hope to someday soon get my work published or work in NYC as a Book Editor. For now, I’m heading to Spain with my roommate/bestie, Liv Marnell, to teach English for a year.   

¡Chao!  

Cassie Hollasch