TNH Fashions: Cape Cod Cool

As a kid who grew up living down the cape every summer since I can remember, it was easy for me to go with this look or otherwise known as ‘Cape Cod Cool.’

It’s a very nautical look, as you can see. I decided to show a more winter-oriented theme in my first outfit to an otherwise well-known summer style of fashion. A button down plaid and a vest is always a go-to look for me down the Cape. It’s good for every occasion, whether your going out to dinner with your significant other’s parents and you’re trying to impress them, or you’re headed to a business casual event (but not quite the ‘salmon shorts’ kind of business casual) or even just hitting the town late night, you can’t go wrong with the button down and khaki look with a comfortable, yet stylish vest to top it off.

The pink collared shirt and the plain khaki shorts is an instant bar scene/late afternoon beach scene classic. Virtually fit for any occasion, this look takes no more than 60 seconds to pull off (I timed it) and is an instant hit at any Cape Cod bar or or even golf course you choose to venture to. A personal favorite of mine, this style is sure to help you blend in with the nautical folk down beyond the Bourne (or Sagamore) Bridge and possibly improve your short game on the links…possibly.

Brian Dunn

Sports Editor