Fraternity hopes to find stolen pit bikes

Rush week is usually a crazy time for those individuals trying to join a fraternity or sorority, but rush week can be even crazier for those already initiated. Recently, UNH fraternities held various events in celebration of rush week. During the week, members of one of the chapters on campus, Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR), held a pit bike race as one of their events.
The bikes were left in front of the house after the event ended until around 10-11 p.m., when they were put in a storage spot around back of the house located on 6 Strafford Ave. Around 11 a.m. the next day, some AGR members went out to ride the bikes and instead found them missing. According to AGR member Matt Coleman, at first it seemed like a prank.
“I got a couple of guys and went out searching, thinking maybe some drunk kid took it,” Coleman said, describing that morning.
After a period of time, they gave up looking for the bikes and realized that they were stolen. Upon that realization, the pit bikes were reported as stolen to the local police.

Courtesy of Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR) The search continues for the missing pit bikes stolen from Alpha Gamma Rho’s house on 6 Strafford Ave.
Courtesy of Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR)
The search continues for the missing pit bikes stolen from Alpha Gamma Rho’s house on 6 Strafford Ave.

“I really just want my bikes back,” Coleman said.
As of now, the members of AGR do not know what happened to their bikes, or who may have stolen them. They are working with a possible lead, however no one knows for sure that the bikes will be returned.
If anyone has any information about the missing pit bikes, they are encouraged to contact the Durham Police. Hopefully, the bikes will find their way back to Coleman and the other AGR members.