No Nawnsense: It’s not ‘07 just yet

I’ve been hearing talks about 16-0 and New England Patriots fanatics, you need to pump the breaks. Even after a dominant 51-17 performance over the atrocious Jacksonville Jaguars, fans need to relax. That being said, the Patriots are 3-0 going into an early bye week.
Now, given the easy schedule the Patriots have been dealt coming off winning a Super Bowl victory is most definitely in their favor, but it is football. Anything, and I mean anything can happen.
If I had to look at one player who has been nearly untouchable through the first three weeks I have to go with the G.O.A.T. himself. Yes, the greatest QB of all time, Tom Brady.  Just look at the stats: 9 touchdowns, 72.1 passing percentage, 0 interceptions, and 1,112 passing yards. Boomshakalaka.
Brady’s numbers may compare closely to his ’07 stats, when he helped lead the Patriots to an undefeated 16-0 regular season, but his drive and professionalism are also through the roof. To be able to block out all the mumbo-jumbo talk that surrounded his name and “Deflategate” is remarkable.
Tommy Touchdown can’t do it all though and with players like Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, and Danny Amendola doing their jobs, this offense is more than a threat. It’s unbeatable. Led by these wide receivers, the Patriots offense has the most yards in the NFL and has only seen five punts from Ryan Allen. Edelman has found a way to haul in 30 balls for 279 yards and two touchdowns while Gronk has brought in 16 for 308 yards and four touchdowns.
In the running game, the Patriots have found a way to pound on the ground. Although ranked 24th in rush yards per game, Bill Belichick has found a way to compliment newly acquired Dion Lewis with LeGarrette Blount. In three games, these two have combined for five touchdowns and 228 yards. Lewis, who looks like Kevin Faulk 2.0, has been beneficial in the receiving game with 15 receptions for 179 yards. Losing Shane Vereen to the New York Giants hurt, but this guy looks like he will make up for the loss.
The offense looks strong and is only getting better through each week, but what about the defense?
I think it’s safe to say now that defense does win championships. Since Malcolm Butler became the most adored athlete in Boston, he has transformed himself into a perennial defender. From Antonio Brown to Sammy Watkins Jr., Butler has been used as the new Darrell Revis to shut down the number one targets. He’s helped lead the shaky-on-paper secondary, a secondary that has held opponents to 251.7 pass yards per game. This is not the finest, but at 18th in the entire NFL, it’s not horrible.
The linebacking corps consisting of Dont’a Hightower, Jerod Mayo and Jamie Collins has been strong in plugging up the middle when facing the run.
Kicker Stephen Gostkowski has also been perfect setting a new NFL record for consecutive point-after attempts made at 423.
The Patriots are clicking on all fronts and led by Brady—who is on another planet right now—it does not look like they will slow down anytime soon. Belichick’s squad will take the field next Sunday, Oct. 11, at 4:25 p.m. against the Romo-less Dallas Cowboys.