How UNH does finals: Frazzle Free

By Austin McGuigan, Contributing Writer
Another semester done, and yet another finals week is upon us, Wildcats. Luckily, UNH Health Services has made studying for finals a little more bearable for students at Dimond Library.
Starting May 5 and continuing through May, 7, Healthy UNH will be hosting their annual Frazzle Free Finals, a series of stress relieving activities at the Dimond Library to help students relax during such a stress-filled week.
For freshmen through seniors, Frazzle Free Finals are how UNH copes with a week full of cramming, stress and all-nighters.
“Finals is an extremely stressful week,” said sophomore Cameron Calato. “I stay up late in the library finishing term papers and studying. Any small break from studying is a huge help especially if it means there will be puppies.”
Ah yes, the puppies. Frazzle Free Finals kicks off Wednesday with the fan favorite: Study Buddies. A visit from some of UNH’s most cuddly service dogs brought from ElderPet and Pet Partners. Hamilton, or Hammy the Great Dane, and Ozzie the Bernese Mountain Dog will be making appearances.
“My favorite part is Study Buddies,” says junior Katherine Lindberg. “I can’t wait to see the dogs.”
A yoga flash mob will take place on the Great Lawn on Tuesday at 12:15 to12:30 p.m, followed by hula hoop time in front of the Murkland Courtyard from 3-3:15 p.m. Feeling hungry? UNH dining will wrap up the day with study snacks from 8-9 p.m.
“I always enjoy the snacks, [I] wish there were more,” senior Hayley Kirwin said. Although her time at UNH draws near, finals are something she will definitely not miss.
“I think the whole event is great for students,” Kirwin said. “I’m personally always here so it’s nice when I can leave my studies and take a break.”
Wednesday starts off with another visit from the Study Buddies and is followed by chair massages, which entail five minutes of a relaxing massage by a licensed professional. The chair massages sign ups begin at 11:45 a.m. and spots go quick, so be sure to come early. Succeeding massages, Health Services is offering a guided meditation to silence the mind, body and spirit at 2 p.m. Missed the hula hoop time on Tuesday? Have no fear, there’s another chance to hoop again at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
Thursday marks the final day for the activities. Thanks to UNH Dining, students can enjoy a healthy snack of yogurt and granola from 2-4 p.m. before heading out for another hula-hoop session. Wrapping up festivities is a Mandala therapy exercise held by Health Services.
Freshman, Mike Wulftange, has never experienced a week of Frazzle Free Finals before.
“I only have one final,” Wulftange said. “So I might go for the free food, because why not?”
Whether it’s the free food, puppies or an outstanding passion for hula hooping, UNH students are excited for Frazzle Free Finals.