The Student News Site of University of New Hampshire

The New Hampshire

The New Hampshire

The New Hampshire

Follow Us on Twitter

No injuries reported in Rudman Hall fire

By Andrew Yourell, Staff Writer

Students returning to campus on Sunday night may have witnessed a commotion outside of Rudman Hall, as the Durham Fire Department dealt with a small fire inside the COLSA building.

“There was a stove fire,” said Durham Fire Chief Corey Landry, adding that the fire was “contained in the stove.”

While the fire was contained to the stove, the chief said that there was a lot of damage done by the sprinklers. According to Landry, the fire was “relatively small,” but still managed to set off the building’s sprinkler system.

The Fire Department and police responded to the fire alarm, which occurred shortly after 7 p.m. “Human mistakes…they used the wrong stove setting,” said Landry, adding that the fire was an accident.

No one was seriously injured in the fire, and the fire trucks and police cruisers left the scene around 8:45 p.m.

Leave a Comment
More to Discover

Comments (0)

All The New Hampshire Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *