Kacie Lewis announced as women’s lacrosse’s ninth head coach in program history 

DURHAM, NH – After a quiet offseason, University of New Hampshire (UNH) women’s lacrosse announced their ninth head coach in program history. Kacie Lewis will replace former America East Coach of the Year Sarah Albrecht as the team looks to improve their 4-7 record from a season ago.

UNH Athletic Director Marty Scarano expressed his excitement for the lacrosse program during his announcement. 

“We are confident her vision for the UNH program, combined with her high energy and commitment will transform this program as well,” Scarano said.  

The newly appointed head coach echoed the same enthusiasm in her first statement as the Wildcats’ leader. 

“I couldn’t be more excited to join the Wildcat family,” explained Lewis. “The passion for this university is felt all around campus and I am honored to be a part of it. We are ready to hit the ground running. I can’t wait to get started!” 

Lewis touts impressive resume from being a two-time captain at University of Connecticut (UConn) to her eight years of Division I coaching experience. On top of her playing and coaching career, she has spent time working at some of the nation’s top collegiate camps including UConn, Cal Berkeley, Michigan, Georgetown, Stanford, Duke and many more. 

In her playing days Lewis led the Huskies to a school record 13 wins and the program’s first trip to the NCAA Tournament during her time as captain.  

Throughout her eight years as a coach, Lewis has spent time with the Holy Cross Crusaders, Cal Golden Bears, UConn Huskies and Bryant University Bulldogs.  

After graduating from UConn in May 2013 Lewis spent a year with Holy Cross before moving out west to become an assistant at Cal in 2014. 

From 2017 to 2019, Lewis was a defensive coordinator and assistant coach of her alma mater. Her responsibilities, in addition to running the team’s defense, included team travel arrangements, film preparation, scouting reports, game-day video, and team NCAA compliance.  

Bryant hired Lewis as an assistant coach in 2019 until Jan. of 2021 when she was promoted to associate head coach. She held similar responsibilities to her time at UConn. 

The head coach won’t be the only newcomer on the team this year, however, she’ll be welcoming eight first-year athletes into the program as well. 

Photo courtesy of UNH Athletics.