Newington movie theater set to reopen in May

Regal Cinemas Fox Run and RPX theater will open its doors once again in Newington on May 7. The theater, which closed in October of last year in response to COVID-19, is one of many Regal Cinemas locations reopening across the country, according to the company’s website. Regal Cinemas movie theaters are set to resume their operations in locations nationwide at a staggered rate from April 2 to May 14.  

The reopening of Regal Cinemas Fox Run and RPX, also known as Regal Cinemas Fox Run 15, was not guaranteed – when the theater initially closed in October 2020. Its closure was reported as indefinite, leaving the theater’s fate uncertain.  

Over the past year, the pandemic has taken its toll on the movie theater industry as other theater franchises have struggled; in February movie theater chain Cinemagic announced that it would permanently close its locations across New England and AMC Theatres narrowly avoided having to file for bankruptcy in January.  

In compliance with CDC, state and company guidelines, Regal Theatres will enforce new COVID-19 precautions at its theaters. “Cinemasafe” theater auditoriums will run at 50% capacity with distanced seating between groups of movie-goers. With the exception of food and drink consumption, face masks will be required at all times while inside, including in the auditorium. All employees will receive daily health screenings and be required to wash their hands frequently throughout their shifts.  

Like many businesses across the country, left to toe the line between safe practices and staying afloat amidst bankruptcies and a decrease in clientele, Regal Theatres plans to adjust its guidelines accordingly as the pandemic continues.  

Although the return to normalcy may still be a long road ahead even with many New Hampshire residents receiving their vaccinations, local movie goers can celebrate the fact that their Regal Fox Run and RPX theater is here to stay.  

Staff and representatives at Regal Fox Run and RPX could not be reached for comment.  

Photo courtesy of Allison Musitano//TNH Staff.