Class of 2020 Senior Farewells: Emily Duggan, News Editor

I’ve been putting off writing this because I don’t want to admit to myself that senior year is basically over, and TNH has come to an end.  

I joined TNH at the beginning of sophomore year, kind of on a whim – I didn’t actually think that I would get accepted to be a staff writer. That was the beginning of something that I didn’t know would bring me so much joy and happiness when at the time, I was stressed out having to do a complex story a week on top of my school work and other stories for class.  

It was the start of friendship that I looked forward to every Wednesday after becoming editor and became something that was a highlight of my week. The experience I gained I will take with me anywhere I go, but the friends and the memories have served as some of my favorite times that I’ve had at UNH. Every single person on staff has impacted me in some way that I never would have gotten if I didn’t join TNH.  

TNH is truly an organization like no other. The stories that our staff uncovered in the past year has already made an impact on the UNH community, and I am so proud that we were able to achieve that. Shout out to Ian and Katie, I can’t even count the number of hours we spent on that one story, but I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else.  

But most importantly, TNH brought me friends that I can’t imagine my life without. I will miss the Wednesday night laughs that we always had, and the treats that helped us push though until 1 a.m., but I will never forget the fun and memories. You all are the only ones that I would want to stay up that late with. Seriously. I love you all, especially my news girlies – Katie, Maddie and Hannah. I wish us seniors had one more year – we were just starting to all hang out… (curse you, COVID-19 I will forever hate you) and we all never got to go bowling. I wish I could shout everyone on editorial out because it’s true how much you have all impacted me and how much you all mean to me. I will miss you all so much, and the newsroom will never be t 

Josh, you will kick butt next year! Keep us updated 😊. You better invite us to La Festa next year.