Area 3 incident under investigation

UNH Police continue their search for a “college-aged male” reportedly taking photos and/or video of occupants inside of Area 3 dormitory showers and restrooms by allegedly sticking their phone under the shower curtains, according to UNH Police Chief Paul Dean. 

In an over-the-phone discussion with The New Hampshire on April 26, Chief Dean said that the individual was last seen by campus police wearing a black sweatshirt with a gold chain. 

“…the latest is we’re out there investigating that and we’re talking to…individuals who may have been [a] victim of this,” he said then, adding that he could only give “limited information” on the case due to its active nature. 

UNH Police, per Chief Dean, sent out the first email alert about the incident early Friday afternoon shortly after they began receiving reports of the alleged behavior from students in Area 3 dorms, but which dorm it specifically happened in has not been said yet. Area 3 dorms, named the “Timbers” area, include Christensen, Haaland, Handler, Hubbard, Peterson and Williamson halls, as well as the Eaton, Hall, Marston and Richardson in the Minis. 

No new emails about the incident or individual have been released since April 26. Anyone with potential information about the individual or incident are encouraged to contact UNH Police.