Local bakery owner to visit Durham for Valentine’s Day

Genevieve Michaud is looking to make Valentine’s Day a little brighter for the University of New Hampshire’s (UNH) faculty and students.

She and her business, Baked, Brewed & Organically Moo’ed, will be making a special pit stop to campus, delivering their cupcakes and whoopie pies to lucky members of the community who placed orders in advance. 

Michaud thought she could take advantage of her commute to work at the university by dropping off the sweet treats on her way in. 

“They [students] have been back on campus for a little while since winter break, and nothing makes your child happier than some delicious sweet treats,” Michaud says, noting that she loves “giving the gift of baked goods and seeing how happy it makes people” as the reason why she chose to do it for Valentine’s Day. 

According to the bakery’s Facebook page, parents, students, or faculty, can order cupcakes and whoopie pies by the dozen.  

Cupcakes can either come in favors of lemon or vanilla, with “strawberry or raspberry filling, topped with vanilla or lemon butter cream,” the page said. Or a “chocolate cupcake with strawberry filling topped with chocolate frosting and a chocolate dipped strawberry.”

Whoopie pies are a little different from the norm, too; with the regular chocolate cake surrounding a homemade marshmallow filling, but Michaud’s includes dried raspberries sprinkled in the frosting. 

Cupcakes sell for $30 a dozen, with Whoopie pies at $27 a dozen.

“When a parent places an order for a student, I have them tell their student to be expecting a text from me,” Michaud said about the process. “Then we select a public place to meet that is convenient for them.”

Michaud pre-made some deliveries on Tuesday, but “wasn’t affected” by the snow. 

Michaud opened Baked, Brewed & Organically Moo’ed in June 2018, in Barnstead, New Hampshire. The bakery travels all around New Hampshire making deliveries. Michaud has been in the food industry for thirty years. 

“Our ice cream is organic, our coffee is locally roasted, and all of our other products are homemade and organic or all natural,” Michaud said. “We do not use anything artificial.” 

Usually, Michaud points out, the bakery is on wheels in a food truck, which is down for the winter and will reopen in the spring. For now, their “other season” is doing deliveries and catering for events such as weddings, cooperate events, and home parties. 

“We offer specialty sundaes with all unique homemade toppings, homemade waffle cones, frappes, root beer and coffee floats, made order lemonade, and homemade ice cream sandwiches,” Michaud said. They will also be launching a new menu in the spring.

Orders for Thursday were made on their Facebook page, Baked, Brewed & Organically Moo’ed.