TNH Test Kitchen: Valentine’s Day chocolate covered strawberries

Ingredients:

• Strawberries (I use one to two containers from the grocery store, but if you are making them for a party, get more! There is no such thing as having too many left over!)
  • An 11-ounce bag of chocolate chips (I use two kinds: milk and dark chocolate from the Ghirardelli brand, but get whatever kind you like).
  • OPTIONAL: Extra chocolate (what-ever kind you like, I like the look of the white chocolate on the darker chocolate).

Directions:

• Clean and dry your strawberries. Make sure they are right out of the fridge so they are firm.
  • Pour the chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl and microwave them for 45 seconds, pulling the bowl out halfway through to stir the chips so they don’t burn. You want the chocolate to be completely melted and smooth.
  • Line a cookie tray with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
  • Take each strawberry by the stem, dip them into the melted chocolate and roll it around until fully coated.
  • Gently shake off excess chocolate and place on the cookie tray.
  • Put the tray in the fridge for 15 minutes to let the chocolate set and harden.
  • OPTIONAL: If you want to get fancy, melt left-over chocolate (or white chocolate) in a microwaveable bowl for 45 seconds. Once the strawberries have come out of the fridge nice and cooled, dip a spoon into the chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries. Again, let cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.

ENJOY!