Early-morning robbery at the Circle K convenience store

By Melissa Proulx, Staff Writer

The local Circle K convenience store was robbed at gunpoint on Tuesday, Sept. 16 around 4 a.m. Students were alerted of the robbery via a UNH Alert sent out by the university’s police department.

Circle K is located on Dover Road across from the Holiday Inn Express.

According to the alert, which was also posted on the UNH PD’s Facebook page, the suspect is believed to be “a white male approximately 5’6, 180 lbs., wearing black sweatshirt, black sneakers with white soles, [and a] dark bandana around the face.” In a surveillance photo released on Wednesday, Sept. 17 by the Durham Police Department, which was also posted on UNH PD’s Facebook page, the suspect is also seen to be wearing either red or orange gloves.

After he entered the store, the UNH Alert said that the suspect “displayed a handgun to the store clerk.”According to an article published by Seacoastonline.com, the State K-9 Unit was brought in shortly after in an attempt to track down the suspect.

While the case remains open and active, little more information can be learned about what happened that night.

“Suffice it to say that we have several detectives working on this matter and we are coordinating our efforts with other agencies,” said Durham Chief of Police David Kurz.

Anyone with any information about the event is asked to contact Durham Police Sergeant Michael Bilodeau or Detective Jennifer Kelly at 603-868-2334.