Farewell Column: No Nawnsense

As I write down my thoughts here keep in mind this is not goodbye. My work here has only just begun. Then again, wow this is it. The last time you will read something from “No Nawnsense,” so drink it in. I do not want to go into detail about my time here, but more importantly I want to thank everyone who has helped me grow.

First and foremost, family is everything. I want to thank my mother who has believed in me from day one and my late grandfather who has guided me from above. Ever since I was a young boy I knew I belonged in the sports industry. Seriously, I would turn the volume down on sporting events just so I could call the game. Well, 18 years later, at the age of 23, I feel confident moving into the industry. I have been blessed to do play-by-play for UNH Hockey and every sport here on campus. I would not be a part of 91.3 FM WUNH Durham without the help of Cameron Close and Parker Wheeler. Cheers, guys.

People have always asked me why? Why keep chasing down a dream that may be out of your reach? I’ll ask you this. Why live your life without chasing anything? The more goals I have in front of me the better. I want to chase them and grasp them with my fists. Success is something you earn and through adversity can success only be measured.

I’m thankful to Allison Bellucci, Sam Rabuck, Nick Stoico, Brian Dunn, Zach Holler, Andrew Yourell and Sam Donnelly for teaching me the skills that I needed to become a better journalist. As I embark on this journey I’ve learned one thing. Writing is the foreground needed to succeed. I don’t care what you do. If you can write, then you have a leg up on the competition. So thank you.

The New Hampshire has become a sacred place for me and although I was a stranger at times, I was in that room more than you all will ever know.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze. Coming to UNH I knew I had to pounce on various opportunities and I am so thankful to Mike Murphy, Doug Poole, Jared Fieldsend, Marty Scarano, Alex Comeau and Ben Gilbert for giving me the opportunity to work within athletics and perfect my craft as well as learn how to get better. You all are the real MVP.
Finally, to my loving friends and family thank you for believing in me.

To my four-year long roommate Jon Dunn who has had my back throughout the ups and downs here at UNH cheers to you my brother. Lastly, my girlfriend Sarah Dennis, who is my number one fan and continually shows me support as I pursue my dream as someday being the next household play-by-play announcer, I love you.

It is not rocket science ladies and gentlemen. As the late-great Herb Brooks once said, “Great moments are born from great opportunities and that is what you have here tonight boys, that is what you have earned here tonight. Now, go out there and take it!”

For the final time, I am here to say goodnight and good luck. Stay humble and stay thankful. Good things will happen to those who work hard and continue to love.