BREAKING: SCOPE lands Chase Rice to perform 2nd spring concert

The Student Committee on Popular Entertainment (SCOPE) has confirmed a second spring concert Monday, just two weeks after announcing rap star Future. Chase Rice will be finishing his cross-country tour on the UNH campus.

The country singer will be performing at the Whittemore Center on Saturday, May 7 as part of his College Days Country Nights: The Chase Rice Back to College Tour just a week after the first concert on April 29.

Rice released his single, “Whisper,” in February, which will be featured on an upcoming album. The Platinum-certified single, “Ready Set Roll” was released in 2014 on his album “Ignite the Night.” He is also well -known for being a co-writer of Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise.”

“This process was interesting. We were approached by our agent. They were the ones that actually approached us. They really wanted to come to UNH,” said SCOPE’s publicity director Amanda Chabot.

Rising stars Lacy Cavalier and Jon Langston will be the show’s openers. Langston’s self-titled album was released in December of last year.

“It’s an extra treat for the students. We’re so lucky to have three concerts,” Chabot said. “We’re super excited for this opportunity. It’s a great way to round out the spring semester and have a lot of fun.”

Tickets will go on sale this Thursday, April 7 at 8 a.m. on Mubtickets.com and it will be the same process as the Future concert.

According to Chabot, some details are still up in the air, but there will most likely be a promo-event later in the week.