Homicide Investigation of Former UNH Lecturer and Republican Activist Still Ongoing

The murder of a former UNH faculty member is still being investigated, although no threat to the public is present.

Former University of New Hampshire lecturer  and staunch republican activist Alexander Talcott died from a stab wound to the neck in his home in Durham, NH on Saturday August 26. Authorities have stated that all involved have been identified and there is no threat to the public. 

According to the press release by the New Hampshire attorney general’s office, the investigation is currently ongoing into whether or not the person who stabbed Talcott acted in self-defense. Talcott, who was 41 years old at the time of his death, lived and was killed on Bennett Road in Durham.

Talcott was a former lecturer at UNH’s Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics, teaching business law and corporate finance from 2018-2021. Talcott was also a former state director for the Republican National Lawyers Association. He was a vocal lawyer and activist in the Republican party in New Hampshire. 

“We are deeply saddened to learn about the sudden death of Alex Talcott,” the university said in a statement to the Associated Press that Monday. “Our thoughts are with Alex’s family at this difficult time.”

The investigation about the nature of the homicide is still ongoing.