CAA announces 2021 fall football schedule

RICHMOND, Va. – The Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) released the 2021 fall football schedule on Wednesday morning just weeks before the conference is about to kick-off their spring slate of games. Each school has 11 games scheduled during the 12-week season set to start in early September. 

The teams will play four home and four road games as a part of their in-conference schedule. The remaining three games will come from non-conference opponents. Among these games include 12 Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) opponents across the conference. Seven of the 12 games come from Power 5 Conferences. 

University of New Hampshire (UNH) football will begin their fall campaign on Sept. 4 when they head to New York for a date with the Stony Brook Seawolves. The season will wrap up on Nov. 20 with the usual Battle for the Brice Cowell Musket at Wildcat Stadium. The Wildcats won the musket back last time they faced but that could change when the two sides cap off their spring season in Maine. 

The opponents set to pay a visit to the Durham later this year are Towson, James Madison, Dartmouth, Richmond and Maine. 

The Wildcats will go on the road to face Stony Brook, Lafayette, Pitt, Elon, Albany and Rhode Island. Pitt is one of four teams from the ACC to appear on a CAA schedule in the fall. The Panthers went 6-5 in 2020 including wins over No. 24 Louisville, Syracuse, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech. 

The Wildcats went 6-5 in the fall of 2019; their last time on the gridiron. This spring the team will tackle a six-game schedule where they will welcome UAlbany, Delaware and Stony Brook to Wildcat Stadium. UNH will face Villanova, Rhode Island and Maine on the road. The upcoming season will begin on March 5 and conclude on April 17.