The University of New Hampshire (UNH) reported zero new COVID-19 cases on campus since Oct. 3, 2020.

The University of New Hampshire (UNH) released its coronavirus (COVID-19) statistics for the week of Sept. 30 through Oct. 6 for all three campuses.

It is important to note that UNH releases its results daily. These results are accurate as of 8 a.m. on Oct. 7, 2020. 

Between these results, UNH has seen a decrease in its seven-day total from a high of six to a low of zero cases between its three campuses. Its active cases for students remain at eight while cases for faculty have dropped to 11. 

The number of students quarantining on the Durham campus has dropped three, while there are currently no students isolating on campus. The number of students quarantining off-campus stands at 41, while the number of students isolating off-campus is eight. 

UNH makes a distinction between quarantining and isolation. Students in quarantine are located in Babcock Hall and have been in close contact with a student who has tested positive for COVID-19. A close contact is defined as an individual within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more within two days of illness onset, regardless of mask usage. Isolation is defined as an individual who has symptoms of COVID-19 and/or has tested positive for COVID-19.  

Three students have ended quarantine, and one student has ended isolation. 

UNH has seen three COVID-19 clusters, one as a result of an off-campus party at the Theta Chi Fraternity, one at the Gables, and one within UNH Dining.  All three have been managed by UNH, and the administration has since allowed organizations to meet on campus, as well as visitors in the Gables Apartments. UNH Dining recently shut down the Dairy Bar in part due to staffing issues as a result of COVID-19.

The average number of daily tests has remained steady, topping off at 3,337 as of 8 a.m. on Oct. 7, 2020. 

UNH has tested 17,620 students, faculty and staff since reporting began on July 29, 2020. This includes results from ConvenientMD, Quest Diagnostics and the UNH Lab. 

UNH has performed 152,314 tests on 13,138 individual students. Of these tests, 91 have returned positive. UNH has also performed 5,613 on 931 individual faculty members, of which 27 have returned positive. Of the 1,779 staff, 112,902 tests have been performed with 76 positive cases. 

In a recent email from UNH President James W. Dean Jr., he continues to urge community members to “stay safe, careful and vigilant.”

Students, faculty and staff are urged to monitor their symptoms and schedule a contact Health & Wellness immediately if they have symptoms of COVID-19. 

Photo courtesy of the University of New Hampshire