Four webtoons to start reading

Four webtoons to start reading

I’ve always been an avid reader of webcomics, but over quarantine I found a treasure trove of them on Webtoon. Most of the ones I ultimately fell in love with are ones that have started within the last few months, so there’s still plenty to look forward to from these stories.  

1. “Omniscient Reader” 

A loner’s favorite web novel comes to life in this adaption of the web novel “Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint.” The protagonist, Kim Dokja, uses his knowledge of the novel to change events while trying to save the world and his favorite novel’s protagonist. This is a must read 

1. “Covenant”  

Exorcists with the power of angels stand off against a rising tide of demons in a modern era. The main character is an exorcist with a tenuous grasp on his faith and it’s setting up for a potentially world-ending conflict. This series just started, so there’s still much in store. 

1. “Remarried Empress”  

Another series that has started recently, this one is for those who are fans of court intrigue. It follows the empress as she struggles to keep her power after her husband takes a mistress. Thus far, it has been building up to the moment in the prologue, and I’m very excited to see where it goes next.  

1. “Alway Human”  

This is one of the only ones in this list that is complete. I actually started to read it a long time ago, but I stopped when it went on a small hiatus. It is a futuristic coming-of-age story in a society where people can change their appearance daily. It also features a very cute wlw couple and a soft artstyle.  

Photo courtesy of Webtoons.