Basketball Player of the Year

Senior guard Jordan Reed was the MVP of the 2018-2019 UNH Men’s Basketball team. Reed was the only member of the squad to average above 10 points per game (10.4).  

Along with leading the team in points, he also led the way for all Wildcats in six other categories; steals (25), free throws made (49), free throw percentage (.860), three-pointers made (55) and attempted (154), field goals made (99) and attempted (260) and minutes per game (31.4).  

Since transferring from Rice University during the 2015-2016 season, Reed was predominately a starter the last three seasons for UNH.  

Reed played in all 29 games for the ‘Cats this season, starting all but one game. 

Reed’s value on the court was one bright spot in an underwhelming season for the Wildcats, who finished a disappointing 5-24 on the season.  

Despite this, the senior guard played hard from beginning to end, leaving everything he had out on the court for UNH. In his final collegiate game on March 5 versus Maine he played all 40 minutes in a 60-53 win. This was one of four instances where Reed never left the court for UNH. 

On a squad with many young players, Reed provided his younger teammates somebody to look too during the tough season. 

A leader on the court, the Wildcats will miss his production as he prepares to graduate.