From the sports desk: Welcome to TNH sports

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 10.40.18 AM

First off, let me congratulate you on becoming a part of our Wildcat family, and welcome you to an incredible world of opportunity, mayhem and fun. A place we like to call Wildcat Country. If you are reading this, it means that you’re a lot like me, and grabbed this issue to see what’s on the back. Let me formally introduce you to the sports section of The New Hampshire.

Here at TNH Sports, we pride ourselves on not only giving you the most coverage, but the best coverage of all UNH Division I athletics. If there is a game on campus, TNH sports has it covered. With a paper that is printed twice a week at your disposal, you don’t need to look any further than us for your one-stop fix of Wildcat sports coverage.

As a department, we go down various avenues when covering a specific sport or topic. There is the conventional game recap story, which you will see for every sport we cover. We also take the time to get to know the student-athletes behind the jersey with numerous player profile stories highlighting the characters seen outside the x’s and o’s on the field. We also have in-house columnists that provide you with unique, and in some cases, unpopular perspectives on some of the major topics of discussion around UNH and New England sports. Our goal is to create a product that is professional, but also unique and continuously interesting for the reader, which is currently you.

Speaking of, that brings me to one of my most important points. You are one of, if not the most important piece to our puzzle here at The New Hampshire. As a newly inducted first year student, you will begin to learn that this campus is yours and it is up to you what you want to do with that power. We are a student-run organization, this paper is your paper just as much as it is ours. We want to hear from you. Positive or negative, the feedback we get can only make us stronger as a product and as a brand. If you have an idea, an interest or even want to get involved and join our team, please do not hesitate to contact me. Our office is in the first floor of the MUB (Memorial Union Building, you’ll get it soon if you haven’t already) right next to the WUNH radio station. If I’m not in the newsroom you can always reach me at [email protected].

So let me end on this, we are so happy to have you here as Wildcats and we want you to be happy with what you see when you pick up a paper on Monday and Thursday mornings. So let us be your guide into the wonderful world that is UNH athletics, and if we have anything to say about it, you’re going to like what you see.