UNH HoCo hosts ‘Back to the Future’ themed dinner

By Abbi Sleeper

Arts Editor

In honor of the popular “Back to the Future” movies, Holloway Commons hosted a themed dinner Wednesday night. The menu, which included dishes such as “Hoverboard Chicken Fontina” and “Flux Capacitor Fusion Spring Rolls,” was part of the UNH Dining push toward “Menus of Change.” HoCo Executive Chef Chris Kaschak described “Menus of Change” as “an effort to bring more vegetables, legumes (and) nuts to the center of the plate… simple, clean ingredients.”

As usual, many of the “simple, clean ingredients” at the special dinner were not only clean, but also local. Tomatoes, carrots and peppers were provided by Autumn View Farm in Pittsfield, while apples and pears were delivered from both Nottingham Orchard (Nottingham) and Duane Family Farm (Barnstead).  The “Clock Tower Ravioli Pomodoro” was ordered from Salem Mass’s Tuscan Market.

In addition to local dishes and fresh ingredients, the Holloway Commons staff put out some regular favorites, including cheesy bread and a breakfast sandwich bar. After students finished off their meals, they were free to help themselves to a slice of “Mounds” cake or a bowl of hot apple crisp before stopping by the “Clock Tower photo booth” to snap a selfie on their way out of the dining hall.

HoCo features ravioli courtesy of Tuscan Market of Salem.