SCOPE selects Kygo as the performer for its fall concert on Oct. 24

By Hadley Barndollar

Staff Writer

UNH will get a taste of Tomorrowland on Oct. 24 when EDM superstar Kygo takes the stage at the Whittemore Center.

The Student Committee on Popular Entertainment’s (SCOPE) announcement comes with just a week until ticket sales begin. But this year, it will be different. Student and non-student tickets can now be bought online. Student tickets will be available on Sept. 30, with non-student tickets going on sale the day after. 

SCOPE will still be set up and prepared for a line to the MUB ticket office on the morning of Sept. 30, but it will not be like years past when hundreds of students stretched up library hill.

“You can buy tickets from your bed,” said SCOPE publicity member Kendall Barnett.

Kygo comes to UNH after headlining numerous international music festivals. Known for his unique sound and popular remixes, the Norwegian DJ has penned hits such as “Firestone,” and his widely popular remix of Ed Sheeran’s “I See Fire.”

“EDM has always been popular on campus,” said SCOPE Executive Director Connor Sullivan. “We were nervous because of its history, but with the SCOPE Cares campaign and diminishing arrests at past shows, we felt comfortable bringing him.”

All tickets sales will be done through the MUB box office and website. Students will have to make an account on the website that will allow them to buy one ticket per account.

“It’s a huge privilege that we can get one of the biggest, fastest rising stars in EDM right now,” said Casey Laughinghouse, SCOPE security director.

While EDM concerts have been filled with concern surrounding drug usage, SCOPE is confident that UNH trends have shown that now is the time for such a performer. Last year’s concerts showed lower arrest totals compared with year’s past, and students were very compliant with concert safety regulations.