Wildcat recap No. 3: Week of Sept. 6

UNH women’s soccer: Wildcats fail to capitalize, cold stretch continues against Syracuse (9/5)

It was a game of what-ifs for University of New Hampshire (UNH) women’s soccer who couldn’t overcome a pair of late goals from Syracuse University to lose their first home game since October 13, 2019.  

Though the stat sheet will tell a different story, with UNH only registering two shots on net, the Wildcats had plenty of quality scoring chances through 90 minutes. Wildcats fall to the Orange 0-2.

Read full story here

UNH field hockey: Wildcats fall to 1-3 after losses to BU and No. 3 Iowa (9/3-9/4)

After splitting two games during the opening weekend, the University of New Hampshire (UNH) field hockey team dropped two games this past weekend in Boston against Boston University and No. 3 Iowa.  

In their 3-1 loss to BU, junior Jaiden Wittel scored her first goal of the season which was the team’s only tally of the night. This was Wittel’s first goal since September 15th, 2019, when she scored the game-winner against BU. 

The following day the Wildcats took on the No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes. Despite a hard-fought battle, the team dropped the game by a score of 3-0.  

Despite the second loss of the weekend, Balducci remained positive about the team’s outcome and explained some of the team’s objectives for playing these out of conference games against difficult opponents. 

Read full story here

UNH men’s soccer: O’Driscoll’s strike lifts No. 12 Wildcats over Northeastern (9/7)

Junior midfielder Rory O’Driscoll scored what may be the goal of the season to give University of New Hampshire (UNH) men’s soccer the 1-0 win at Northeastern. The game was yet another solid showing from the ‘Cats, who were voted the No. 12 team in the country in the latest United Soccer Coaches’ Poll. 

Read full story here

UNH women’s soccer: Wildcats snap road losing streak with 1-0 win at Siena (9/9)

One goal was all it took for University of New Hampshire (UNH) women’s soccer to beat Siena College, snapping a six-game road losing streak for UNH and handing them their first win since their season opener on Aug. 19. 

It was sophomore defender Ella Dudley who provided the lone goal Thursday afternoon for the Wildcats, and it was fellow sophomore Alivia Kelly who set her teammate up. Kelly launched a free kick that bounced off the crossbar and found Dudley. The second-year defender rose to meet it and lofted it past an outstretched hand from Siena’s senior goalkeeper Leslie Adams.  

Read full story here

UNH men’s soccer: No. 12 Wildcats defeat Michigan 1-0 on the road (9/10)

University of New Hampshire (UNH) men’s soccer went on the road to Ann Arbor, Mich. and defeated the Wolverines by a 1-0 final behind a goal from junior Bilal Kamal.

UNH football: Evan Horn provides insurance for Wildcats after five failed attempts on special teams (9/11)

It was going to take a complete defensive effort for the Wildcats (2-0, 2-0) to take down the Towson Tigers (1-1, 0-1) Saturday night and that’s exactly what they got. University of New Hampshire (UNH) was aided by upward of 10,000 fans inside Wildcat Stadium; however, after three missed field goals by redshirt junior kicker Jordan Conn, the true insurance came from senior safety Evan Horn in the 26-14 win. 

Read full story here