Cookie Recipe

Makes about 40 cookies  

INGREDIENTS:  

• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1 heaping teaspoon of baking soda 
  • ¼ teaspoon salt 
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of unsalted butter at room temperature 
  • 2 cups packed light brown sugar 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract 
  • 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (or the whole bag like I do) 

INSTRUCTIONS:  

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (this makes for a wicked easy clean-up)  
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.  
  3. In a stand mixer or large bowl with handheld mixer, beat butter and eggs on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat until blended. Add vanilla extract and beat until blended. 
  4. Add the flour mixture into the bowl on medium speed until the flour is combined, then turn the mixer on high speed for a few seconds to pull the dough together into somewhat of a ball; it will be chunky, that’s okay. 
  5. Add the chocolate chips and mix on high for 5 seconds to thoroughly and quickly mix in the chips. Or do what I do and gently fold the chips into the dough with a spatula until combined.   
  6. Drop large spoonfuls onto baking sheet, do not flatten. Bake until lightly brown on top, about 10-11 minutes. 
  7. Take off of sheet and place on a cooling rack (or paper towels if you don’t have one).  Repeat with remaining dough.   

This is honestly the best recipe I have ever found for chocolate chip cookies. Not having the white sugar makes the cookies have a taste that is hard to describe other than it tastes like a warm hug. I can’t make these too often because I will eat an entire batch of them and not feel one ounce of shame, until of course my clothes no longer fit me, and let’s be real, us college kids don’t have the money for that, or much of anything really. So bake these with the caution and warning that you will fall in love and not be able to stop eating them. Ever. Good luck, bakers!