Welcome Home

Welcome to, or back to, the wondrous village of Durham, New Hampshire. Whether you are a returning alum, a current student, faculty, staff or family joining in for the weekend activities, we have all come together as one big UNH family. Celebrating 150 years as an academic establishment is something to be proud of. For this crazy weekend we have put together a very special issue for you all; in fact, it is our biggest issue of the year. We have everything from the history of UNH, previews on the events happening this weekend, all you need to know about UNH football, the intro to our TNH alumni series and my personal favorite, the annual dining guide.
THall827
For those returning to campus, it may look a bit different from when you left. Even from the first semester of my freshman year in fall 2013 to now, the campus and downtown has evolved and upgraded. Do not fret, I know you alums may be shocked and possibly saddened by how different everything looks, but I can promise you Durham is thriving and still holds its special charm.
As most Wildcats can contest, fall in Durham is magical. Maybe it’s the changing of the leaves to gorgeous red, yellow and orange foliage, or hearing the Thompson Hall bells ring as you walk through the campus with crisp air filling your lungs. Maybe it’s the unity of Homecoming, or the excitement of a new beginning. But to me, what causes this “magic” are the people who started as complete strangers and have ended up as family. And this weekend, we all get to reunite. There are days you love your fellow and former Wildcats and others that you don’t, but in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. It may be the family you were born into coming to visit or maybe it’s the one you made for yourself here in Durham. Regardless, Wildcats old and new, welcome home.