The Undergraduate Prize Plays: One night. Three performances. All the feels.

The time has come, and the John C. Edwards Undergraduate Prize Plays have officially hit the stage. Three original plays, written, directed, produced and performed by UNH undergraduates, come together to form one night of laughter, suspense and entertainment.

The night opens with “Blooming Lilies,” written by Kayla Doig and directed by Allie Wing. The most emotional play of the night, “Blooming Lilies”  follows a young woman and her mother as they struggle to understand each other and accept their differences through a turbulent period of their lives. This play’s all-female cast highlights the complications and power in the bonds between women of different generations.

A change in scenery comes with a dramatic change in mood as the stage switches over to “Netflix and Kill,” written by Katelin Garland and directed by Sara Martin. This humorous play begins with a scene familiar to many students: the inception of a Tinder hookup. Things quickly go awry, however, as the play’s friend-zoned protagonist discovers that his best friend’s online date may have something more ominous in mind than a simple night of “Netflix and chill.”

Last, but most certainly not least, the lights come up on “Whatever You Want,” written by Tom Z. Spencer and directed by Elizabeth Girard. While the final play of the evening also depicts the romantic exploits of several college students, a hilarious wrench is thrown into the mix in the form of Hector, a poetically-inclined newcomer with a way with words and the ladies. Shenanigans ensue when Hector’s new roommates attempt to use his verbal skills for their own romantic gain.

The plays opened in the Hennessy Theatre last night at 7 p.m., and will run through Sunday, April 24, with additional performances at 3S Artspace in Portsmouth on Tuesday, April 26. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased online.